After too much red tape (and too many HTML headaches) to get a youth ministry page posted within my church’s website, I decided to just let WordPress help out. Got the “Why didn’t I think of that before?!?” idea from a colleague of mine who also uses a blog format for his youth ministry page.
It’s here: http://1stpresdurangoyouth.wordpress.com
Head over. Check it out.
- What could be done to make it more functional, specifically for use as a youth ministry communication tool?
- If you’re in youth ministry and use a blog for getting info out to your students, what lessons have you learned?
- Thinking about adding a Flickr widget for ministry photos… potential privacy issues? How did you address them?
- Have you been able to make it foster anything near the community that the social networking sites promote?
- What cues can a blog take from the standard youth ministry webpage?